Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Simple PHP Bing SERP Ranking Checker

I needed a quick test script that I could fire up easily on almost any machine to validate the differences I was seeing in Bing results across their cluster as well as investigate their geo-targeted and facebook integrated results, so I whipped up this handy PHP script for scraping SERP rankings. Instead of filing it away in my massive archive of utility scripts, I thought I'd release it.

Basic PHP script for scraping SERP rankings from Bing. For ease of packaging, I've included the connection class in the main script. If you're planning on building this out, I recommend putting it in a separate file and including it for easier maintenance.

Features:

* Free!
* Returns top 50 results
* Returns # of results for search term/query
* Encapsulated HTTP connection class using libCurl PHP wrappers
* Gzip compression (Can be enabled or disabled)
* Accessors for customizing User-Agent and Referer HTTP headers
* Accessors for setting cookies and additional HTTP headers

NOTE: If you copy/paste this into a file, be sure to enclose it ALL within tags.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home